Apply for Dentist Membership
Please read the following criteria sets. If you think you meet all the requirements please click the relevant application link.
- Must have at least 4 years continuous GDC registration (unrestricted i.e. no conditions or warnings).
- Evidence of substantial participation in aesthetic medical practise for a minimum of 12 months (this shall mean a minimum of 10 consultations per month over the past 12 months). You must provide a logbook containing details of your aesthetic consultations and treatments during this period. Your logbook must be signed by another healthcare professional who has knowledge of your practise.
- Provide 2 professional references both from individual UK registered healthcare professionals who have known you in a professional capacity for at least two years or more.
- Full and up to date CV detailing all Aesthetic work.
- Proof of valid medical insurance/indemnity, a copy of your Insurance Certificate showing a minimum cover of £5million for non-invasive cosmetic procedures and £10million for invasive surgical procedures must be provided.
- Proof of all aesthetic qualifications and training (including certificates).
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (no more than 6 months old on application).
- A good quality colour copy of the photo page of your passport/driving licence.
- A copy of a utility bill showing your home address (no older than 3 months).
- Evidence of most recent Annual Review of competence progression (if applicable).
- You will need to provide two references, both from individual UK Registered Healthcare Professionals who have known you in a professional capacity for at least two years or more.
- Please provide a certificate of registration with the GDC. This can be obtained by visiting the GDC website and requesting a Certificate of Current Professional Status.
- Your CV must be up to date and show your FULL scope of work including ALL qualifications, training and posts held
- Your Enhanced DBS Certificate (Original copy must be sent via post) must be no more than 6 months old on application. If you do not have an Enhanced DBS Certificate, you can obtain one by contacting CRB Disclosures on 01782 620000 who will make an application for you.
- A valid Medical Indemnity/Insurance Certificate. Please make sure that your current certificate has not expired. Your Certificate MUST show a minimum of £5million cover for non-invasive cosmetic procedures and £10million for those carrying out invasive surgical procedures.
- Supporting Evidence – not mandatory but may help your application. Please provide any certificates of Training or Educational meetings you have attended to support your application
- A Medical/Dentistry student interested in pursuing a career in Aesthetics
- A letter of reference from a tutor/mentor
- Proof of Medical/Dentistry school enrolment.