Graduate Affiliate Programme (GAP)
Graduate Affiliate Programme (GAP) - £250 one-off application fee, followed by £250 yearly subscription fee due on 1 July annually.
This category has been established to support and guide doctors and dentists embarking on careers in aesthetic medicine who do not meet the requirements of membership but who wish to benefit from BCAM’s support and guidance. BCAM provides a three-year curriculum for Graduate Affiliates to follow, covering core and specialised topics, with the option of one-to-one mentoring (at additional cost) from an established and respected College member.
Becoming a Graduate Affiliate provides a clear route into BCAM membership. Once an Affiliate has enrolled, they follow the rigorous BCAM curriculum whilst completing a log book and collating a portfolio of evidence. This can be self-guided or with the support of a BCAM mentor at a cost of £250 each for bi-monthly sessions to ensure the curriculum is being followed at an appropriate pace and the required standard is being achieved. In their third year, Affiliates sit both a practical and written exam, reflecting their knowledge in the core curriculum as well as a basic theoretical knowledge of the speciality areas. On passing this exam, Affiliates gain the right to apply for BCAM Associate Membership.
As a BCAM Graduate Affiliate you’ll have access to a network of around 400 aesthetic clinicians with structured mentoring support available. Becoming an affiliate shows potential employers how you are serious about your new (future) profession.
- Annual educational and scientific conferences in the UK with international-calibre speakers and overseas partners
- Access to educational programme supported by colleague mentoring
- Extend your professional network to around 400 aesthetic colleagues
- BCAM fortnightly newsletter
- Educational coffee morning-style events
- Support and assistance from the BCAM professional services team
- Hold a full registration and a Licence to Practice with the GMC /full registration with the GDC
- Be in good standing with the GMC or GDC having no current cautions, warnings or restrictions on your right to practice
- Evidence GMC / GDC Registration
- Two references, both from individual UK-registered healthcare professionals who have known you in a professional capacity for two years or more (reference form)
- Up-to-date CV showing your full scope of work including all qualifications, training and posts held
- Supporting evidence - certificates of training or educational meetings attended
- Junior doctors working in hospitals to provide ARCP certificate of completion
- Junior doctors who have left hospital to provide evidence of Appraisal by way of outputs and PDP
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (no more than six months old on application) – please provide us access to your account on the DBS website to view your latest certificate: https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/crsc/check?execution=e1s1
- A valid medical indemnity/insurance certificate. Certificates MUST show a minimum of £5 million cover for non-invasive cosmetic procedures and £10million for those carrying out invasive surgical procedures
Doctor with educational programme
Dentist with educational programme