Graduate Affiliate Programme (GAP)
Graduate Affiliate Programme (GAP) - pro rata of the yearly subscription fee of £250.00 is payable. Yearly subscription fee due on 1 July annually.
This category has been established to support and guide doctors and dentists embarking on careers in aesthetic medicine who do not meet the requirements of membership but who wish to benefit from BCAM’s support and guidance.
Becoming a Graduate Affiliate provides a clear route into BCAM membership. Once an Affiliate has enrolled, they will need to produce a logbook showing a minimum of 25 CPD points gained in that year which relate to aesthetic medicine, and they will need to do this for three consecutive years to cover the whole BCAM curriculum. For each CPD gained the Graduate Affiliate is required to reflect on their learning in their logbook.
In 2023 BCAM held educational events worth a total of 20 CPD points.
Graduate Affiliates are also required to perform and record a minimum of 50 injectable treatments (for example botulinum toxin and filler) within the three year Graduate programme.
At the end of the three year programme, Graduate Affiliates will be required to collate their portfolio of learning along with a declaration and send it to a BCAM supervisor who will then meet with them (at an additional cost) to go through their portfolio and discuss their learning. Once the BCAM supervisor has approved that the Graduate has met the BCAM criteria the Graduate Affiliate will be able to apply for BCAM Associate Membership.
Becoming an affiliate shows potential employers how you are serious about your new (future) profession.
- Annual educational and scientific conferences in the UK with international-calibre speakers and overseas partners
- Access to educational programme supported by colleague mentoring
- Extend your professional network to around 400 aesthetic colleagues
- BCAM monthly newsletter
- Educational coffee morning-style events
- Support and assistance from the BCAM professional services team
- Hold a full registration and a Licence to Practice with the GMC /full registration with the GDC
- Be in good standing with the GMC or GDC having no current cautions, warnings or restrictions on your right to practice
- Evidence GMC / GDC Registration
- Two references, both from individual UK-registered healthcare professionals who have known you in a professional capacity for two years or more (reference form)
- Up-to-date CV showing your full scope of work including all qualifications, training and posts held
- Supporting evidence - certificates of training or educational meetings attended
- Junior doctors working in hospitals to provide ARCP certificate of completion
- Junior doctors who have left hospital to provide evidence of Appraisal by way of outputs and PDP
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (no more than six months old on application) – please provide us access to your account on the DBS website to view your latest certificate: https://secure.crbonline.gov.uk/crsc/check?execution=e1s1
- A valid medical indemnity/insurance certificate. Certificates MUST show a minimum of £5 million cover for non-invasive cosmetic procedures and £10million for those carrying out invasive surgical procedures
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor with educational programme
Dentist with educational programme