It is the aim of the College to advance the effective, safe and ethical practice of aesthetic medicine to the benefit of all concerned through leadership, provision of information, education, support, professional development and the maintenance of the highest professional standards.
The objectives of the College shall be to:
- maintain the highest professional standards in practice of aesthetic medicine in relation to clinical practice and patient care
- provide educational and professional development activities and opportunities for doctors
- support research and audit in aesthetic medicine
- advance the effective, safe and ethical practice of aesthetic medicine
- provide information, guidance and advice on aesthetic medicine & associated health issues
- promote the prevention, diagnosis and effective treatment of diseases, disorders and conditions in relation to the practice of aesthetic medicine
- advise and make representations to medical, governmental, regulatory and other such bodies as may be concerned with any of the aspects of aesthetic medicine
- to collaborate with medical, academic and other institutions in the UK and worldwide in the practice and development of aesthetic medicine
- provide educational information and advice to the public and patients
- remain a not for profit organisation for its members or directors.